PNS Goals and Accomplishments – FY 2019
Promoting PNS: Sharing of New Structure
- Visited DAC’s (Department Advisory Committee) to discuss the new PNS structure.
- Strengthened the composition of the DAC and standardized the agenda items across all service lines.
- Changed PNS Bylaws to have the DAC co-chaired by a clinical nurse and AVP.
- Standardized DAC agendas to make sure the flow of communication between UAC (Unit Advisory Committee) and PNS Executive committee is complete.
Revision of PNS Bylaws
- Reviewed and revised PNS Bylaws by PNS Executive Committee
- Added Nursing Operations Council into the PNS bylaws (PNS President and PNS President-Elect are members)
- Added Clinical nurse Co-Chair to DAC required
- Added Clinical nurse Co-Chair to UAC required
- Added electronic voting as approved way of voting
- Completed a comparative analysis of the Shared Governance structures of the three Rush System of Health hospitals
- Integrated PNS committee with Rush Oak Park and/or Rush Copley
- Legislative and Patient Advocacy
- Past President
- EBP and Research
Quality and Safety
- Engaged in initiatives to promote safety within the Medical Center
- Member of Visitor Management System Governance Committee
- Worked on new visitor policy
- Nurse liaison on rollout of Visitor Management System
- Trilogy – 2 events held
- Senior Fest
- Thresholds – 2 events held
- Participated in onboarding/interview for new AVP
- Participated in assessment of new Baxter IV pumps